Port Fairy Community Bank
14th ANNUAL DACHSHUND DASH - SUNDAY 9 JUNE, 2019
It’s not called the Melbourne Cup of dog racing for nothing! It’s grown (the numbers of dogs racing, not the actual dogs) to 100 speedy canines madly dashing, leaping or sniffing about to the finish line. Cheer along as the scurrying sausage dogs, most with more heart than sense of direction, and their equally enthusiastic owners, battle it out for the title of top dog.
Race categories include Under 2 years, Over 2 years and Veterans.
Novelty events include best dressed and an all-breeds race.
Fantastic atmosphere that attracts a crowd of 3,000+ with BBQ, coffee cart, expert race-calling and more!
A winter Sunday morning like you’ve never known it!
To get you in the mood for the 2019 race, we have commissioned a special song and video about our iconic race. Watch it now, it’s catchy!
Register your dog below!
EVENT DETAILS - ON THE DAY
Dog’s Breakfast + Parade
Sun 9 June
Fiddler’s Green, Corner Sackville and Bank St
- All dogs and owners are welcome for BBQ breakfast and doggy games.
- Racers take the annual group competitor photo.
- Everyone checks out the competition and soaks up the pre-race atmosphere.
- Then join the people and paws in the parade from Fiddler’s Green to the cricket oval for the start of the Dash.
Dachshund Dash - The main event!
Sun 9 June,
Southcombe Oval, Campbell St
- 100 dogs race in heats, then finals.
- Followed by novelty races.
- Seating is available, please come early to
grab a chair.
- We also have an accessibility area for great viewing for people in wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
Registrations strictly close at 4pm, Sunday 2nd June 2019.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Registration is $15 per dog. Please fill in the online form below and pay fee after clicking the SUBMIT button.
Your registration will be confirmed once payment is received in the online payment portal.
Owners must submit one form per dog, but you can process one payment for multiple dogs.
We are no longer able to accept registrations on race day.
This allows administrators to organise and run a smooth event. Thank you for your understanding.
For any queries about your submission please contact… email@example.com
The Port Fairy Dachshund Dash is proudly supported by Port Fairy and District Community Bank.