ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED!
The competition ended at 9pm, Sunday 9 July. Thanks to all who entered!
WIN CASH PRIZES
Junior Amateur - $150 prize money
Senior Amateur - $250 prize money
Professional - $400 prize money
+ $150 Spectrum Printing voucher
RULES / TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All welcome to enter. The contest is free to enter and you can use whatever camera you like. Phone cameras are fine!).
2. By submitting photos in the contest, entrants agree to these terms and conditions.
3. Limit of thee photos per entrant, in one category only.
4. There is no specific theme. We want you to submit photos of Port Fairy as seen through your eyes. Go exploring with your camera and your imagination. Entries can be of people, landscapes, moments, architecture, scenes - anything that captures Port Fairy through a single photo.
5. Regarding photo editing: as a general rule, try to get it right in camera. Photographers should submit photos that convey the real Port Fairy. Judges encourage photographers to focus on subjects and composition, rather than image editing. Regarding post processing: minor burning, dodging and/or colour correction is acceptable, as is minor cropping and removal of dust/sensor spots. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are acceptable. Objects are not to be edited out. Any photos considered to be excessively edited will be ineligible for judging and prizes.
6. Photos must be taken in Port Fairy on Friday 7 July, Saturday 8 July or Sunday 9 July.
7. Entries open 5pm Friday 7 July and close 9:00pm Sunday 9 July.
8. Submissions must be digital format. JPEG files only. Name your files with Your Name 1, Your Name 2, Your Name 3 (eg Sally Jones 1, Sally Jones 2, Sally Jones 3). Maximum file size is 8mb. Preferred size between 2mb and 8mb. Only online entries via the form on this page will be eligible. Emailed, printed or film entries will not be accepted.
9. There are three categories with prizes:
- Junior Amateur (Under 16) with cash prize of $150.
- Senior Amateur with cash prize of $250.
- Professional with cash prize of $400 + $150 printing voucher at Spectrum Printing Warrnambool.
10. Junior Amateur must be under the age of 16 on Friday 7th July 2017.
11. Amateur is defined as someone that does not promote themself as a paid photographer and/or does not derive a significant proportion of their income from photography. Amateurs of any age may enter the Professional category if they wish.
12. Professional is defined as someone that promotes themselves as a paid photographer and/or derives a significant proportion of their income from photography. We do not encourage Professionals to enter the Amateur categories.
13. Under 16s can enter Senior and Professional categories if they wish.
14. Entries from different photographers may be submitted under the same email address IN THE JUNIOR CATEGORY ONLY. For example, a parent can submit photos for different children using the same email account. Remember to name each file with the photographer's name and photo number (Eg Sally Jones 1, Sally Jones 2 or Sally Jones 3).
15. In the Senior Amateur or Professional categories, if a participant submits more than three photos using the same email address only the first three uploaded photos will be considered as entries.
16. Photos must be the original work of the person submitting the photos. Photographers remain the copyright owners of their images. By entering photos in the Port Fairy Photo Contest, photographers give permission for Winter Weekends to use their images for any future promotional or fundraising activities, products, events and/or campaigns. In any use by Winter Weekends, photographs will be credited to the photographer.
17. The judging panel is made up of accredited and local photographers, independent from the Winter Weekends committee. Judges' decisions are final. An online People's Choice category, made up of finalists' photos, may be conducted via the Winter Weekends' Facebook page. This will not be judged by the panel and there are no cash prizes for People's Choice.
18. Finalists and winners will be announced online and at the Port Fairy Visitor Information Centre on Saturday 22 July, 11am. Three finalists will be selected from each category. From these three finalists, one winner will be selected for each category. No prizes awarded to finalists. Finalists and winners will be notified by email.
Any enquiries, please contact Winter Weekends on 0423 181 045. Have fun and good luck!